The Deadly Assault on Mother and Child
February 22, 2021 10:30 AM MST
Description: Both chemical and surgical abortions have their risks. However, chemical abortions seem to be setting new trends as the abortion of choice, touting fewer complications, and privacy.
But what is the reality? Not only are there serious physical consequences from the chemical assault, but there are also obvious psychological, moral, and social consequences to this procedure.
Billed as an “emergency contraceptive”, Ella is recommended for use up to five days after intercourse, while other chemical cocktails are recommended to abort babies up to nine weeks gestation.
This workshop will examine the trauma associated with chemical abortions and some of the grief reactions that commonly occur. The goal of this workshop is to assist those who suffer from this type of abortion in the context of therapeutic interventions.
The material presented will also include cases we have witnessed on retreats, the unique and complicated form of grief, and the associated symptoms. In addition, we will explore the many legal cases resulting in convictions where women were given these chemical cocktails without their knowledge to force unwanted abortions.
- Examine the emotional and physical trauma associated with chemical abortion.
- Explore the common grief reactions following medical abortions.
- Describe the link between eating disorders and chemical abortions.
- Understand the implications of the “home” as being a connector to traumatic sensations.
- Outline potential risk factors associated with chemical assault on endocrine reproductive system.