These records, of enduring value, whether historical, Electronic Records Management or other nature, value and maintain the rich and true history and preservation of the Catholic Church pertaining to the Diocese of Rapid City.
As the Archives seek to accomplish this mission, the bishop, clergy, religious and laity of the diocese all aim to reflect the ministry of Jesus on earth.
Access policies to the Archives are based on the following:
- Clergy, Seminarian and employee personnel records
- Legal and historical concerns including parish activities and properties
- Minutes of meeting and activities of Chancery Departments
- Bishops Office
- Catholic Social Services
- Family Life Ministries
- Native Concerns
- Miscellaneous – other newsworthy materials regarding the work and mission of the Diocese of Rapid City and the teachings of the Catholic Church pertaining to the Diocese of Rapid City .
- Requests for information regarding materials that may be stored in the archives.
West River Catholic Columns
From the desk of the Diocesan Archivist.
Watch our social media for #dioarchives posts every Thursday
for tips, updates, and a sneak peak at some of the items from the depths of the archives!
@RapidCitydiorc (Instagram and Twitter)
606 Cathedral Drive
Rapid City, SD 57701
Chancery Annex at Terra Sancta
2101 City Springs Rd Ste 200
Rapid City, SD 57702
Terra Sancta Retreat Center
2101 City Springs Rd, Ste 300
Rapid City , SD 57702
Victim Assistance Coordinator